Sunday, October 11, 2009

retro-new school



photo courtesy of Olympus America 

I'm in love with the design of retro cameras. 50 years ago Olympus launched a stylish and compact film camera with interchangeable lenses for those on the go. This year they re-launched the Olympus PEN for the digital age keeping with the cute old school design.

Panasonic have also combined this funky old school style with digital technology to give us the Panasonic Lumix DMC GF1. Now call me a big girl but I think I like the Panasonic better as it goes with all my outfits...but seriously these babies are compact enough for your handbag (or man bag if you're of the fairer sex) & have interchangable lenses to give you more creative freedom. The upside to the Panasonic is you can use the built in flash provided or attach a fancier one instead.

The only blunder is they're rather expensive for such a teeny camera-almost the same price as a digital SLR. But if I had money to burn I would buy this little piece of camera genius and have it in my pocket for occasions where I can't carry my SLR with me.


The Panasonic Lumix DMC GF1 
photo courtesy of Panasonic

No comments:

Post a Comment